|100ml||WILLOW CREEK DIRECTORS' RESERVE EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL|
|1tsp (5ml)||BAKING POWDER|
|ICING SUGAR FOR DUSTING|
|2 DESSERT SPOONS||CRÉME FRAICHE|
|DRIZZLE||WILLOW CREEK BLOOD ORANGE OLIVE OIL|
Blood Orange & olive oil cake, blood oranges & crème fraiche.
By Neill Anthony
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Place the oranges into a small saucepan and cover with water
- Simmer over a medium heat for about an hour
- Remove from heat, allow to cool
- Place the oranges into blender and puree
- Add eggs and oils whilst blending
- Add dry ingredients to blender till incorporated (or mix together in a large bowl)
- Pour into round, greased cake tin
- Place in oven and bake to 40-45min or till cake has risen and is light brown in colour
- Remove from oven when cooked
For the crème fraiche:
- Mix Willow Creek blood orange olive oil together with crème fraiche
- Add a splash of whisky and combine
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with crème fraiche mixture.
Buy the Olive Oils used in this recipe.
[product id="331" columns="1"]
[product id="325" columns="1"]